Coupeville Community Allies has been working hard over the past month, and we want to provide you with an update and some action items as we are gaining support and making substantial progress in our effort to stop the four-fold expansion of jet flights.
We had an impressive turnout at our forum on the Growler Expansion on August 16. Over 400 people showed, signed up, and gave money. If you were one of them, thank you! We are better positioned to stop the Growler expansion with our call for No New Jets, No New Flights.
CCA has joined the Sound Defense Alliance to further leverage our elected officials to intervene with the Navy on our behalf. SDA represents over 25,000 citizens in the region and is comprised of 22 organizations, all with a commitment to pushing back on this Growler expansion. CCA continues to be our own organization, and we are excited about being a part the Alliance and helping develop its strategy moving forward.
Here is how you can help:
1. Help us find a great campaign organizer! This might be you, or someone you know. We are looking for a part time campaign organizer to help us mobilize communities around Puget Sound to move our elected officials. Find the job description HERE. Please apply right way if you are interested, or spread to word to someone who might be the right person for this job.
2. Save the Date, October 3: Our campaign kickoff will be Wed evening, Oct. 3. We are brewing a series of events around the region. Hold the date and details will follow
3. Help us build our numbers and expand our reach. We must have an impressive showing for our campaign kickoff. Get 10 friends signed up on Sounddefensealliance.org so we can involve them in the campaign. Get those same folks to like and share on Facebook: facebook.com/SoundDefenseAlliance
4. Get your friends to send letters, postcards, and calls to Sen. Cantwell, Sen. Murray, Rep Larsen and Gov. Inslee in support of No New Jets, No New Flights. Click the name of the elected official to be taken directly to their webforms to leave a comment. Encourage our elected leaders to lead—to work with the Secretary of the Navy to find an alternative.
5. Stay tuned to Facebook and our websites for regular action items, volunteer events and more.
Thanks for your concern for our communities.
The CCA Team
CCA Facebook Page